I got a watch in 2006. March 1st to be exact. Even though I was seven then, I didn't know what it was. All I knew was that they were the things that grown-ups often wear.When I heard from my mom that it cost 180,000 won($171), I hardly wore it to the kindergarten, and when I did, it was for show-offs. But as time passed, I found out that this thing was bought to be worn and check the time. Once I got to school, I wore it constantly.
When I first got it, it was really shiny and new. It had six modes;the time, stopwatch, timer, alarm, time/day format, and the date/day. It also had a glow-in-the-dark function. It had a brownish green leather strap, a button to change modes and start it, and another button that set the analog clock, or activate the 'glow-in-the-dark function. It showed both digital and analog clocks.
During about 170 million ticks of my watch, the strap changed twice, and now it's a dark brown color. I think I'll change it again before it gets 180 million ticks. The battery was also changed twice, and now the batter cover has a lot of scrapes.
But some things haven't changed. The six modes are still doing fine, and the scrapes haven't damaged the insides as well. What's more, now I think of this watch as my sibling(almost). It's lived too long with me!
No comments:
Post a Comment